Mapping issue as Z drive

MyCloud EX2 Ultra
Laptop using:
Windows 10
McAfee Total protection
My connection drops often and I get the error " The local device name is already in use" when copying files.
One suggestion was to remap and another was to open a port on the firewall.
Does anyone have a fix, instructions to re-map and/or which ports to open on the firewall.

Here’s a bonus question, I forgot my admin password. Any help to reset would be appreciated?

For the bonus question:

For the remap - do you already have one or more shares mapped to drives under Windows Explorer?

This sounds more like a network issue than anything related to the EX2 itself. If you can connect to it at all then ports are not the issue.

Darren, thank you! I’m a novice to networking and the language losses me. Holy cow, followed some instructions to set a static IP which I set to a vlan and lost sight of the nas. After a 2nd reset followed the instructions to map against the network view rather than the IP address. So far so good. A few hours gone but hopefully good to move files around.

Next chore is to figure out why I get 10/100 messages though my modem shows gig speed but I think it was related to the mapping… I hope

Turns out I have a bad port on my router. I changed a number of settings and nothing made a difference. I added a cat6 wire and MyCloud would not connect. I connected my laptop to the new cat6 and it would not connect. I decided to change ports to test the wire one more time. MyCloud connected and is running great. Crazy. Occam’s Razor - “the simplest solution is most likely the right one”