Mac Finder cannot connect Home Cloud Due

I can login my Cloud Home webpage and access the files, however, I cannot connect to my Cloud Home Duo from Mac Finder. I just updated the MacOS to Big Sur 11.0.1. I was able to connect previously when I was using MacOS Catalina. When I try “Connect to Server” in Finder, I can see the Home Duo as “MyCloud-380598”, but I cannot login to it as registered user using the same Email and password for webpage. Side note, I can connect to it as “guest” user, and I can see the Time Machine backup fine. Help please.

By the way, I am using WD Discovery 4.2.288. And my MacOS is Big Sur 11.2, I am using MacBook Air 2020. And I notice that the release notes says WD Discovery 4.2.288 supports Big Sur, but I still cannot connect to My Cloud Home Duo in Finder.

Having the same issue here. New My Cloud Home Duo can use TIme Machine fine with Guest access, but I cannot access the drive via Mac OS Finder. By the way, I haven’t upgraded to Big Sur yet - still running Catalina. Seem like a permissions issue, but I can’t track it down.

I’m also having the same issue. I have upgraded to Big Sur 11.2 and am using a MacBook Air 2019. The time machine back up is accessible as a guest. I’m using WD discovery 4.1.270 and my cloud desktop 2.1.0.379
Help please.
I also have a My cloud v.1 - no issue with that

Update - have just updated the version WD Discovery and is now working

Same problem here. I can only access to the timemachine backups. I’m running Macbook Air M1 2020 version, MacOS Big Sur. Please help

Hi,

Same problem on my mac mini running through Mojave since I updated WD discovery. I’m using WD discovery 4.2.288.

In Finder on Mac , go under the “Go” menubar item and pick “ Connect to server” (Command-K). Then click browse and you should see your WD MyCloud in that window. If you open it it should either prompt you for login or show “ Connect as” in the upper right. If so, click that.

That didn’t work. It’s related to M1 chip in my Mac.

Thank you for your reply. I have no problem finding the “Home Cloud Duo” in the network, but I cannot login as “registered user”. I use the same username and password that I use to login http://home.mycloud.com, but the

finder connection dialog box reject my username and password. Any idea?

1 Like

Problem solved. I have re-install the latest (v.4.2.288) WD Discovery, and when the installation finishes, it shows a dialog box saying I should allow a new system extension signed by Western Digital. So I did. Now I can find my Home Cloud Duo in the Finder.

ps: the connect server still does not work, but there is a new item in my Finder under the favourite column, and I can access content from Finder now)

Mine didn’t show that dialog. I tried several times on my MacBook Air M1.

In Finder on Mac , go under the “Go” menubar item and pick “ Connect to server” (Command-K). Then click browse and you should see your WD MyCloud in that window. If you open it it should either prompt you for login or show “ Connect as” in the upper right. If so, click that.

Was anyone able to fix this problem? I am having the same exact problem here. And I reinstalled the software but I DID NOT get a popup which asked me to select okay before I could continue. So I don’t know what to do now. This is a screenshot of the picture I am getting - same as here. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.