Lost access to MyCloud

Hi,

My WD MyCloud 2TB has been working ok for a long time.

I upgraded to Catalina yesterday and today I can no longer access my files!
I always used to use the finder integration to browse and work with my files. Now I see when I click on MyCloud I just get a big picture of a folder and no way to explore the volume.

I have reset the device and can log into web interface. I check FW and see that I am on: WDMyCloud v04.05.00-342 : Core F/W When I check for updates there are none.

So… how do I fix this. There is no way that upgrading to Catalina should brick this device!

Whats the fix? How do I get my MyCloud back?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can install the latest version of WD Discovery for Mac: Error

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I installed the latest version of the WD Discover and for a day or two all was well…

Now, no matter what I do I cannot access my MyCloud. Nothing doing … nadda. zilch.
Let me explain as I really need some assistance with this…

For years now the way I have accessed and used the MyCloud is very simple: through the Mac Finder. It shows there under “Locations”, I click it and the shares appear on the right in my column view finder/explorer. I click on “public” or “Stuart” and the folders/files appear and I’m free to do whatever I need to do push/pull data with the WDMyCloud. Thats it. I don’t need sync, I don’t need any other junk; I just need it to sit there in Finder and let me use it that way.

Now I can no longer do that. It’s still there under “locations”, but when I click on it all I get is this:

Its the same no matter which folder I click on, thats all I see.

I’m at the end of my tether with it. How can something that was working so perfectly now be bricked?

I have checked and double checked the system preferences and /sharing/ settings.
The device is running f/w: WDMyCloud v04.05.00-342 : Core F/W

How do I get my drive back? … please!

Thanks,
Stuart

I also have problem using My Cloud Home with my MAC with Catalina 10.13.3, except by using Safari web link - just loaded WD Discovery Version 3.6.163 to try to restore a Dock Icon which works - but when the icon was opened the My Cloud Home icon appeared instantaneously and then disappeared.

When will WD solve this problem?