Latest firmware issues 1.03.07

Hi folks.
I’d avoid this one like the plague. Netflix used to work - but no longer does after this update; and so far there is no solution I’ve found. Update at your own risk.
Does anyone know how to rollback a firmware update to a previous version??

Netflix has never worked on this model… it’s not supported

???
I’ve been watching Netflix for ages on mine - only stopped working after the firmware update

Check your Model Number again … this Forum is for the 2014 WDTV Media Player [No Netflix] version.

If you’re actually on 1.03.07, you have the one on which NetFlix was never offered.

Not that I’m familiar with Netflix on WDTV, but since replies seem to indicate it was never supported on WDTV and you (obviously correctly) state you were watching it until the upgrade, I have to say I got curious and searched the term “Netflix” on this WD TV media player section (right here in other words) and it clearly shows many have watched it on WDTV. (So that’s all I mean to say really, since I’ve never used it).
Dependent on replies or the lack thereof, on your thread, or the non-appearance of new threads on the subject (it’s early days for threads on the upgrade as it was only just over a week ago) you could perhaps search the term “Netflix” yourself every now and then 'cos it’s fair to assume that you won’t be the only one for whom Netflix is ruined. Keep your thread open, I suggest. And (again, I haven’t needed to do it) there are many results here for the search terms “rollback firmware”. (I knew I’ve seen it discussed here).

None of the posts in this section that I’ve seen (search found 50 with the word NETFLIX) say they have Netflix (or even HAD) for THIS model. The older (2011) model which has a different though confusingly similar name (WD TV versus WD TV Live Streaming) has it, but not this 2014 model.

1 Like

Thank you, TonyPh12345.