iTunes/MyBookLive/Playlists/Music- no music files listed

iTunes/MyBookLive/Playlists/Music- no music files listed even though I have:

• enabled iTunes server in dashboard.
  • copied music files and music folders to \MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Music in Windows Explorer.
  • iTunes/General/Shared libraries turned on.
  •  iTunes/Edit/Preferences/Sharing/Share my local library on my local network/Share entire library.
  • clicked on ‘Rescan’ in dashboard/iTunes.
  • restarted iTunes.

Why can’t I see my music files that I copied to \MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Music?

I’ve read  here that on the settings for the share is default to none

you can change to music or all and then rescan 

the files will show up after that

Wizer

Well- I followed all the steps in your post (under ‘I’ve read here’), but I still can’t get any music, TV or video files to show up even though I copied many e.g. music files across using Windows Explorer to Public(\MyBookLive)\Shared Music.

I tried copying music files in iTunes from Library/Music to Shared/MyBookLive/Playlists/Music, but the music files refuse to be copied to that lcocation (they can be copied to my playlists, but not to Shared/MyBookLive).

Any further suggestions?  Why does WD make it so hard to use this ethernet hard drive when they say it is so easy to set up?

wfeg:   I’m not sure what you’re asking.

I still can’t get any music, TV or video files to show up …

to show up where?

In iTunes?

On your PC?

On another network device?

wfeg:   I’m not sure what you’re asking.

>>> I still can’t get any music, TV or video files to show up …

to show up where?

In iTunes?

On your PC?

On another network device?

TonyPh12345- thanks for your prompt reply.  Here are more explicit comments of my problem.

In iTunes under ‘SHARED/MyBookLive/Playlissts/Shared Music’ or Shared TV shows or Shared Movies.  I have copied music (.mp3), and videos (.avi) using Windows Explorer to Computer/Public(\MyBookLive) on drive P.

It is not possible to copy music (.mp3) from iTunes Library/Music to ‘SHARED/MyBookLive/Playlissts/Shared Music’ because iTunese will not allow it.

I have followed the instructions given (see previous my message) to RESCAN in the MyBookLive/Dashboard/Settings/Media/Twonky Service/Status and MyBookLive/Dashboard/Settings/Media/iTunes.

I have changed in MyBookLive/Dashboard/Shares/Public/Media Service/Meria Serving to ALL.  (There is a message under Media Serving saying ‘User access cannot be defined for the default Public Share’.  I am not sure what this means).

Hope you can  sort it out for me.

Try disabling, then enabling the iTunes server. Also try turning the public share for media from All, to None, then back to All.

1 Like

Try disabling, then enabling the iTunes server. Also try turning the public share for media from All, to None, then back to All.

WDTony- This seems to have worked the second time I tried it.  There is now some music files showing up.  Not all yet, so I suppose that the process is slow.

However, I do not see any movies.  What format do they have to be in for iTunes?  Is it only .mp4, or will .avi also show up?