Important 'feature' request for new firmware

Hello, I would like to know if WD could implement the option of ‘ordering by creation date’ the movie files in network or USB.

Or does someone know if there is a plugin, or any other trick to do this? I dont want to use media servers as I had bad experience with them, this device has work very stable using network share only.

So maybe there is a plugin just to list files by creation date, or a simple trick to do this.

All htpc support this, and is very useful in times were you have lots of files.

If it does not exist any plugin, could this be implemented? It shouldnt be that difficult,right?

Thank you

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Exchange. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

o Software & Accessory Ideas
o Live & Live Plus Ideas
o Live Hub Ideas
o HD, Mini, Elements Play Ideas
o External Drive Ideas
o Network Drive Ideas
o Internal Drive Ideas

noone knows if there is any plugin that would do the trick?

Or if its at all possible to create a plugin that does this?

I mean there are plugins that list files from the internet, and lots of OSD modifications which look great, so in this case the plugin just needs to list files in a SMB, is it possible? any plugin does similar thing so i can try and tweak it?

thanks

For any sort of ‘plugin’ you would need to install unofficial firmware.