I will never buy a product from wd

I WILL NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM WD  !!!

WDTV LIVE SMP it was last thing that i have from WD.

1 Like

what problems are you having with it? any other info other than the above would be great.

I’ll be joining you if there’s no fix for playing networked video_ts folders in the next firmware - 6 months since I bought my smp and still can’t use it for purpose. Every new firmware seems to make this player wiorse so not holding my breath.

littlemalcolm wrote:

I’ll be joining you if there’s no fix for playing networked video_ts folders in the next firmware - 6 months since I bought my smp and still can’t use it for purpose. Every new firmware seems to make this player wiorse so not holding my breath.

is there any reason you want stream video_ts folders as apposed to .iso files?
streaming video_ts is a common problem with other media players besides the SMP.

search google if you don’t believe it.

I’m sick of being told I should just convert everything to iso and then limit what players I can play those files on because this box isn’t up to scratch. I bought the smp because I have a WD Live Hub which makes a very good job of streaming video_ts folders from my network connected nas. I wrongly assumed that the smp was basically a disc-less version of the live hub. If my jailbroken atv can manage it and another WD product can do it then why not this?

Of course the hardware/software can’t be that different from the Live Hub… I think what’s lacking here is the will to sort out problems and focussing priorities on adding more useless limited appeal apps from the u.s. instead of fixing playback issues. 

I’ve waited long enough for a fix and discussed it here to death and read enough promises that it’s being worked on  - if there’s nothing in the next update I too will be returning my smp and will definitely never be buying another WD product ever again. Complete fiasco.

littlemalcolm wrote:

I’m sick of being told I should just convert everything to iso and then limit what players I can play those files on because this box isn’t up to scratch. I bought the smp because I have a WD Live Hub which makes a very good job of streaming video_ts folders from my network connected nas. I wrongly assumed that the smp was basically a disc-less version of the live hub. If my jailbroken atv can manage it and another WD product can do it then why not this?

Of course the hardware/software can’t be that different from the Live Hub… I think what’s lacking here is the will to sort out problems and focussing priorities on adding more useless limited appeal apps from the u.s. instead of fixing playback issues. 

I’ve waited long enough for a fix and discussed it here to death and read enough promises that it’s being worked on  - if there’s nothing in the next update I too will be returning my smp and will definitely never be buying another WD product ever again. Complete fiasco.

sorry I wasn’t telling you to make them all .iso files…I was just asking why you specifically use Video_TS.
what are the advantages that make it a perfect choice for you. I’m just trying to help with your frustration.

there are some boxes that can’t play .iso files?

thats unusual since its a pretty standard container, my iphone app even plays them (GoodPlayer)

The Hub and SMP do have different hardware in them.
your jailbroken Apple TV can play them fine cause its…jailbroken…

how is the SMP hooked into your network?
have you tried an exchange?

what kind of NAS or Share do you use?

is it Samba or NFS?

Ripcord83 wrote:
I was just asking why you specifically use Video_TS. what are the advantages that make it a perfect choice for you.

• *> There are none. I have no idea why so many people don’t go with the obvious choice of using one file (ISO) over many. And guess what, the “jailbroken” LIVE performs better than the regular LIVE too.

I have no problems playing VIDEO_TS or .ISO on my Popcorn hour C200 and A200.