I can't access my wd book essential..guys please help me

I HAVE WD BOOK ESSENTIAL 2TB  AND USING WINDOWS 7 … THE OTHER NIGHT IM TRYING TO CONNECT TWO EXTERNAL AT ATIME(ONE MY WD OTHER WAS LG) I CAN’T COPY ANYTHING THAT TIME, MY WD WAS STILL WORKING PROPERLY, BUT LATER ON AFTER RE-STARTING MY LAPTOP, MY WD LOOK’S DIFFRENT, THE POP UP WAS NOT FUNCTIONING (IM USING PASSWORD PROTECTION) NOW IT LOOK LIKE THIS (DRIVE P)

THERE WAS AN ERROR WITH MY WD BOOK ESSENTIAL… I TRY TO FIX IT BY CHANGING CABLE, BUT NOT WORKING… I DOWNLOAD STUFF LIKE WD SmartWare  BUT STILL IM IN TROUBLE… SOMETIMES I CAN LOG-IN TO SMARTWARE… BUT SOMETIMES IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY PASSWORD…EVEN IF IM LOGIN IN I CAN NOT CONNECT MY DATA…I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, (I DO REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, IT STILL FUNCTIONING IN SMARTWARE) CAN I RECOVER MY VALUABLE DATA???..PLEASE HELP…OR EMAIL ME [Deleted for privacy - Trancer] HERE I ATTACH SOME OF ERROR PHOTOS

aldrinpachuau,

When you click on the picture of your WD My Book on the WD SmartWare Home Screen, does it prompt you for your password? If not, what happens if you disconnect your unit from both the USB cable and power adapter to allow it to refresh?

1 Like

JStaff…(thanks for reply) it does not promt for my password, …the picture i upload was after log-in with my password(t says no writeable partition found)… nothing happens even if i re-connect… or re-start my laptop… i don’t know what else to do???

aldrinpachuau,

If this is the case, what do you see on the Windows Disk Management console? Disk Management opens by performing a right-click over the “Computer” icon, which will give you an option called “Manage”. From ther, close to the lower section on the left will be Disk Management (Not to be confused with Device Manager).

1 Like

This is what it look like after connecting to my WD on Windows Disk Management

1st picture(it show blank for very long time like 30/40 minutes)

2nd Picture(when re-connecting my WD it shows like this)

when right click only Properties and help button available…

Using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic… it show this (too many bad sector detected).

aldrinpachuau,

This is most unfortunate. This particular error message is provided by Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows when the actual number of damaged physical sectors are beyond repair, and it would be best to replace the device.

Instructions for a free RMA under warranty are available in the following link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzgwODQzNjYxL3NpZC81empBMVZCbA%3D%3D

ohhh **bleep**… is that means im losing all my data… is there anyway i can recover some of my data??? Warranty is still there upto 2015…think i can replace it if i want too…

I’d have a professional data recovery laboratory look at it. Otherwise your only option is to replace the disk.