I can't acces at my book essential today i don't no why? Help me please!

My book essential wdbacwoo20hbk-01 always work but last day i wanted to use in on my laptop, that doesn’t work my laptop dont reconize it and after that i reconnected my book on my computer and anything work.

My computer is on window 7 (64 bits)

My latop is on win xp 32 bits

I connect my book and my computer reconize it. in computer i see h: wd unlocker  (but cd player). In wd smartware i see my book locked

I canT access to my book and every time i click on it my computer freeze and when he becam ok the my book dont open.

The light in front of it nerver stop to flash

I try to reinstall drive and reinstall wd smartware no result

i try a chkdsk on h: result file system unreconized

in disk manager i see my bootable disk 0 (part c: AND part G:)

disk 1 not letter allowed (it seem to be this one)

and        cd player (wd unloker)

sorry for my english i’m french

please can you help me know what is the problem my book is warantly but i need to recover my files

tanks

Hi

Make sure to connect the drive directly to  the wall outlet and use the USB cable that came with it.

Can you please let us know if the drive is showing under device manager?

1 Like

the drive seem to be ok in device manager  – wd my book 1140 usb device driver correct and wd drive management devices too

In disk manager now i see disque 1 in raw type (???) i used ntfs waht is raw

For some reason the partition is corrupted.

At this point, you might need to use a data recovery software to get the information out of the drive. After that, you can reformat the drive from the disk management back to NTFS.

As a recommendation, use the DLG tool to test the drive for bad sectors and to reformat the drive.

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows

stevengren wrote:

the drive seem to be ok in device manager  – wd my book 1140 usb device driver correct and wd drive management devices too

In disk manager now i see disque 1 in raw type (???) i used ntfs waht is raw

RAW means the drive lost the file system due to a system error, buffering issues, I/O issues on the controller, or simple data corruption. Try a partition repair software to see if the data is still inside, some programs like TestDisk can recover NTFS without formatting if the drive itself is good.