I can't access my files

Hi, I have My Passport 25E2 USB Device and last days I have problem when I connect to computer.
I see my passport on Explorer inside Windows 10, but when i open a folder it don’t go, it go down
Inside list device i get error on driver, drivers are not installed
What is the problem ?

Help me !

1 Like

Hi @qwerty50,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

If you can’t access WD My Passport external hard drive due to an access denied error, there’s a huge possibility that you don’t have permission to operate on the drive. It happens a lot in the situation when you connect the external HDD to a new desktop or laptop that requires permission to access data or files somewhere on it.

When such an access denied error occurs, you’re confronting the serious fact that you can no longer open the drive and view data there. So, it’s urgent to find a way to remove the error for normal use.

To obtain permission in order to remove access denied on My Passport, follow the guide carefully:

Step 1. Connect WD drive to your PC, right-click on the WD My Passport external hard drive, and select “Properties”.

Step 2. Click the “Security” tab.

Step 3. At the bottom of the tab, next to 'For special permissions or advanced settings, click Advanced, you need to click the “Advanced” button.

Step 4. Click the “Change permissions” button.

Step 5. Click a permission entry so as to add, remove or edit the permission. Add a new user named “Authenticated User” and click “OK”. Give “Full Control” to the newly added user from the permission section.
I hope this steps might help to access your files and folder if you cant access that.

1 Like