How I clear the "Power Loss Detected..." message on the LCD after power loss?

Hi.

Recently there was a power loss in my area and the LCD on the front of my PR4100 says, “Power Loss Detected on Port 1”. I already cleared all the events, etc. Drives are fine and running fine now, but this message doesn’t clear itself.

Is there some special place or button press I need to do somewhere to clear this old event message? It’s been saying this for weeks now.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply but where? There are no alerts or event messages when I log into the dashboard.

Clear the message on the UPS.

I would…if I had a UPS. :laughing:

Yeah, that isn’t the same problem here…I’ve been using the PR4100 every day for weeks.

I’m starting to think this must be a firmware (or documentation of a super secret way to clear it) bug on WD’s part.

I just recently purchased a PR4100 but after doing the initial set up it displayed the message “Power loss detected on port 1”.

I reset the system about 3 times but after doing the initial set up, the same thing happens again. Can some one please help? D I need to have my PR4100 exchange?

What happens if you plug the power supply into Port 2?

Also, plugging the power supply into a powerstrip can sometimes cause inline interferance. Just as an experiment, try plugging the drive’s power supply directly into a wall socket just to see if that clears the issue. And make sure the power cable is firmly plugged into the power brick.