How do I download from My Cloud to an android device

I have installed the My Cloud app on my android device – a Lenovo tablet. It seems to work well with one exception.
I can see the shares on My Cloud, I can open a file in the share if I have the correct app on android. I can rename a file in the share.
I can upload a file from android to My Cloud. But I do not see how I can download a file from My Cloud to my android device. How do I download a file from My Cloud to my android device?

Not for sure about your tablet but on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) I open up what I want and hold down the folder/item for a second and it shows as checked and then I use the download icon at the top. I do the same for each item/folder I want to download. See image below.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I did. The operation seemed to complete OK and the activities screen says a download has been done but I cannot see where the file as been downloaded to. I have done a search of the tablet using file manager and the file is not anywhere. I have repeated this several times with different files but no success with any. When you did this in which folder on your phone did the downloaded file appear?

I have investigated further and worked out how to download files to android but it is a two-stage process to get them where I want. For brevity I call the My Cloud server ‘Widget’.

I go through the process you describe. The files are then shown under the app as being in ‘downloads’ (using the left menu) . I can open them from there.
There is no folder called ‘downloads’ but on the android device internal storage there is a folder ‘My Cloud’ with sub-folder ‘Widget’. The files are in sub-folder ‘Widget’.

If I want them anywhere else I can either do a select and copy from ‘downloads’ within the app. Or copy/move them somewhere else using an external file manager

2 Likes

You are correct. I thought the file would be in a download folder. Now we see that the downloaded file goes to a place which is difficult to find. Thanks.

I only use the WD and it mobile app for when I’m remote from my network. It’s a bit clunky. On my android phone, files are downloaded to a folder called ‘My Cloud’ on the internal storage.

For local access, I use a for manager app, which allows me to move files to and from any directory to any other directory, just like a desktop file manager.

I can’t download file or folder to android device. There is not download symbol. Is someone video or instruction how I can download file from my cloud.

It was wrong screenshot:

The easiest way to transfer files from a PC to an Android device is "FTP Manager Pro’. This app has a simple interface and transfer files could not be easier. It moves files effortlessly to FTP servers, PC folders, cloud storages and even mobile devices directly from my PC. There are many other features such as automatic resume, transfer modes, SFTP and FTPS support etc. It really helped me a lot.