How can take backup from mycloud to my external hard disk?

hello
how can make backup for all my data on mycloud to external hard drive?
thx

plug one into the rear usb port on the My Cloud and copy’n’paste your data onto it.

The single bay/single drive My Cloud Dashboard INCLUDES a backup option called Safepoint (first gen v4.x) or Backup (second gen v2.x). This backup option will backup a My Cloud to a USB hard drive attached to the My Cloud’s USB port.

See the My Cloud Dashboard embedded Help or see Chapter 10 on Safepoint / Backup in the My Cloud User Manual for more information.

i try to do safepoint but when i choose my usb hard drive it not give option to continue just back or cancel what problem is that?

When you select the USB hard drive you should see a drop down appear listing the Share that is mounted by the My Cloud. Selecting that Share will let you proceed. Example:

hello
it give me that there is hard drive is connect but not give me the name for it to choose it its disappear the name but the hard drive pic shows why?
hint: my hard drive is 4tera byte while my cloud is 6 tera byte while the used space is 2 tera byte is that make problem?
thx

Make sure the USB hard drive is formatted in either NTFS, HFS+ or FAT32.

External USB Drive File Systems Supported on a My Cloud
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19225

i take out hard disk from my cloud how can read it on mac?

Are you asking how to remove the internal My Cloud hard drive so you can read it on a Mac? Or are you asking if you can remove a USB hard drive that is attached to the My Cloud USB port and attach that USB hard drive to a Mac?

For the USB hard drive, the first step is to eject the drive through the My Cloud Dashboard USB icon mycloudusbicon . Once successfully ejected connect the USB hard drive to the Mac. The Mac should attempt to mount the drive and put a drive icon on the Mac desktop.

For removing the My Cloud internal hard drive there are a number of videos one can find online that detail how to “shuck” the enclosure and extract the internal hard drive. Once the drive has been extracted it can be connected to the Mac using a USB to SATA adapter. Because the My Cloud hard drive is formatted for Linux one would need to ensure their Mac can read Linux formatted hard drives.

i remove the hard diskfrom mycloud but my question i connect the hard disk throught usb cable to mac pc but it gives me note that cannot read it what should i do to can read hard disk content on mac do i nead softwareor what should i do ?

As my post indicated above; “Because the My Cloud hard drive is formatted for Linux one would need to ensure their Mac can read Linux formatted hard drives.”

If your Mac won’t read/mount the drive then you may need to use a Linux Boot Disk to boot the computer into Linux so the drive can be read. Ubuntu is one such popular Linux boot disk.>

From macOS

Most Macs with Intel processors will work with either 64-bit or Mac images. If the 64-bit image doesn’t work, try the Mac image.