How can i install third-party applications?

How can I install third-party applications?like mc and htop pyload…
and the installed app is in the /otp ?

MyCloud is 8T
Firmware 2.21.111

Officially you can’t. Third party apps are not officially supported on the single bay v2.x My Cloud units. There is some discussion on this issue in other threads/posts, like the following:

https://community.wd.com/t/porting-dashboard-from-ex-or-mirror/169689/3

Unofficially and not supported by WD there are a number of unofficial apps one can install to the v4.x and to a lesser extent the v2.x firmware single bay My Clouds. Use the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon upper right) and search for [APP]. Also see the following thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/repository-with-software-worked-on-v4-firmware/94532

i see the “Repository with software worked on v4 firmware”
but is - "WARNING: This software only for official v4 firmware (Kernel/Software with PageSize=64k)!

• WDMyCloud 1nd generation."
    you say i can install it on firmware v2

Generally, no; it has to be compiled for the target firmware, be it v2, v3 or v4.

So software compiled for the v4 target will not work on v2 firmware.

No I didn’t say you could install it on the v2.x firmware. What I indicated was; “… there are a number of unofficial apps one can install to the v4.x and to a lesser extent the v2.x firmware single bay My Clouds. Use the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon upper right) and search for [APP].”

Do a forum search for [APP], there may be a few apps that are v2.x compatible. The problem is most apps were compiled/created before WD released the newer v2.x My Cloud units hence the reason why they mostly only work for v4.x versions. And no you cannot install the older v4.x firmware to the newer v2.x firmware My Clouds.

When it comes to the firmware listed in the repository you may have to dig through that thread and the links in that thread to see if any of the software discussed has been ported to the v2.x firmware. The unofficial apps were created by individuals on their own time and tested using what ever My Cloud version they have access too.

Read this: WD MyCloud Gen2 Chroot (+ Transmission and Minidlna)