Hosting a website in The My Cloud EX2 Ultra

I have a My Cloud EX2 Ultra computer and I would like to publish a website here, connected to my domain. Did someone have the same need at some point? did he do it? as it did? Do you think you can help me?

Thank you.

I was trying to do the same thing some time ago. Easy to set up Wordpress, but having it visible from outside the network was something I could not get straight.

I wouldn’t advise you to upload your website to your home computer as this may affect the quality and the speed of your site. In this case, it’s better to use an inexpensive but high-quality hosting server that will give you the opportunity not to spoil your laptop, since it isn’t designed to keep it turned on all the time. I use the services of Mangomatter to maintain my sites and attract new customers. Plus, if there’re problems with your site, technical support will always help you to solve them.

I guess it is possible though I never tried it. To my understanding what you need is:

1. Install and config the WordPress coming with MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA, through control panel.
  2. Load your content, and test your website from within network
  3. Get a static IP (!important) - no static IP, no website! Talk to your ISP (Comcast, Verizon, whatever)
  4. Login to your domain parking account, change the DNS settings, add a bunch of A record to point it to your new static IP
  5. Config your firewall, make this MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA the default respond to port 80 - I have no clue how to make this work

Like they said, there are so many cheap web-hosts, even some free ones. It really not worthy the effort

. . not to mention the security concerns of the MyCloud linux based product line.

Not sure I would have these devices facing the public internet.

Any website is, in fact, a set of files. If you want users to be satisfied with the work of the site, you should think about buying a hosting or server. To place the site files, you need to rent a place on the server or an entire server if the site contains a lot of content and is aimed at a wide flow of visitors.
When I started my podcast, I thought I would be able to store the broadcasts on my computer, but over time I realized that they take up too much space and read an article about the Best Podcast Hosting Sites. It is worth admitting that placing large files or sites in specialized places is much more profitable and convenient.