Help plzz! staff, mod, admin, anyone! my wd elements is so expensive now its not working!

my new wd elements hdd 1tb stopped working! I just don’t know why :`(
it started when I plugged it in windows xp and then windows said me to scan the disk to prevent future problems or something, so I clicked ok, but the scan took too long and I couldn’t cancel it, so in the middle of the scan, I unplugged the hdd, and that’s when this ridiculous problem started! I need the files at least, it has my most precious stuff and most of the stuff there took some download waste -_-

what I cant do now in my hdd:

when I open it in windows explorer, the hdd shows up, but the info doesn’t (eg how much GB is there, how much free space, etc) and it freezes when I try to open it or right-click it

I can’t use chkdsk on the hdd because it says “CHKDSK does not support RAW disks”

I can’t use bootable partition managers because the loading takes too long, and I eventually give up then

I cant use repair tools because they’re too expensive (does wd have some that I could use?)

my hdd doesn’t make any weird sounds (I think its a software problem)

I tried to disable legacy usb support and tried EVERYTHING I could find on the internet, but never works :cry:

PLS HELP!!! :cry:

Hello,

Based on the information you provided it looks like the partition is corrupted.
I recommend you use a data recovery software and try to recover your data or take the drive to a data recovery company.

My go to program if I need to repair or partition my Hard Drive is
AOMEI Partition Assistant 6.0 They have a free version that should work for you but also they have a Pro Version. And by the way this is just a HINT but they also have a very good free Back Up Program.

Wait, ill try it today. But for your info, I tried all the free stuff available and NONE of them worked. They just freeze after I select my hard drive and click ‘next’ or something. Someone of them even freeze when I open them, and they go back to normal once I unplug it.

Thanks anyway, gonna test it tonight

Did some research:

1. Have you tried just changing your USB Port on the Computer? (Just asked)
  2. It does sound like the MBR has been corrupted try repairing it. And this can be done with in AOMEI Partition Assistant.
  3. But if all else fails try starting over again by deleting and rebuilding and reformatting you Drive. All info will be lost but hopefully you have other copies.

Yea, but im going to try AOMEI soon tonight, I can’t do it currently because I don’t have my laptop with me. But im not sure that we can do ANYTHING that you mentioned in the 3rd research (But if all else fails try starting over again by deleting and rebuilding and reformatting you Drive. All info will be lost but hopefully you have other copies) since all the applications (cmd, windows explorer, ALL the repair tools) freeze whenever I plug my hdd inside. Gonna try AOMEI…