Help installing WD Passport

I’m using Windows 10 and trying to install my new WD portable Passport. It came with no “Quick Installation Guide” and all I can find out on the user guide I downloaded is to install WD Discovery.exe. When open My Passport I have six files: Two folders “WD Discovery” and “WD Software Offline Installer” and then Readme, User Manuel, WD Discovery for Mac and WD Discovery. I opened the first folder, WD Discovery and found more files. Did a search for WD Discovery.exe and four files appeared. I don’t know which one to open. Where can I find WD Discovery.exe? I’m fairly good with computers, but not a geek. Need a little help. I did stumble on to the WD Discovery Utilities and downloaded that but not what I need to start my file backup. Thanks.

Hi Hillhopper,

You have to install the WD Backup and after that you would be able to setup your drive for automatic backup.

Please refer to the link given below for more information.

Thank you for your response and help. I couldn’t find WD Backup on the Passport drive so went to the website and downloaded it. All went well, until it tried to scan to find my Passport. I tried the scan twice and it never did, even though it shows up as a device on My Computer. I will call support tomorrow and see if I can get more help.