Green led blinking all the time

Hello, The network green led on the back of My Cloud, blink all the time, either when i’m not working on My Cloud, somebody can tell me why?

Thanks a lot?

Yves

Laval, QC

Hello,

Blinking green light, means that there’s activity on the unit either someone is accessing the drive or any of the application are reading from the drive.

For more details about the led’s of the drive, please see page 10 of the user manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

Drive is waiting for a command to spin back up from sleep.  My drive goes to sleep but the ethernet lights still blink.  No one is using your drive.  You can do a quick check by just listening; nothing- the drive is off, noise- there is activity on your drive.

Ti-Matelot wrote:

Hello, The network green led on the back of My Cloud, blink all the time, either when i’m not working on My Cloud, somebody can tell me why?

Thanks a lot?

Yves

Laval, QC

The network LED on the back will blink all the time.  It’s normal – there’s always traffic on your network.  Any packet that reaches the My Cloud (such as normal broadcasts, etc) unrelated to disk access will cause blinking.