Get content info manually? And Creating folders? HELP PLEASE

Hi lads I just got my WD TV Media Player recently. I got it because a friend of mine (like me) had a very large DVD collection and wanted to put it all into one place. He had an old WD TV Player which had a harddrive built-in but I have the new one with no storage. Therefore I bought a portable harddrive.

So What I have done is use a programme called CloneDVD to burn all my movies onto the hard drive (Video TS files).

So now I have the hard drive connected to the WD TV box and it has built me a media library. I have tried ‘Get content info’ on each folder and it has worked for about 20% of files. The others do not work. 

I believe the files that play are .IFO files but their are multiples files when I look at them on the computer but only one I can play on the media player. I have read stuff about changing the file name to allow access for content info? How does this work? Is their a way to manually enter content info and thumbnail images? Would be great if someone could explain this.

Also, I have problems reading the hard drive all the time. It seems every time i turn off the media player or unplug the hard drive and plug it back in it makes the system fail - it says it can’t read anything their and I lose everything from the media player. I eject it safely as it says I should do… This is really frustrating me. 

Alsom for instance I have all family guys burned onto the hardrive from each disk- so I folders are;

Family Guy Season 1 Ep 1-4

Family Guy Season 1 Ep 5-8 

and so forth…

When I make a folder on hardrive called ‘Family Guy’ and then subfolder inside ‘Family Guy season 1’ and then put the disk folders inside and load it all up on the media player it makes them all dissapear! Completely mindboggling… 

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Rip your DVD’s to an ISO file … makes life so much easier

I converted all my prior ripped VIDEO_TS folders to ISO years ago … using  Folder2Iso

http://www.trustfm.net/software/utilities/Folder2Iso.php

1 Like

So what will be the difference if I change to ISO file?

johnwalker001 wrote:

So what will be the difference if I change to ISO file?

One file instead of dozens of files and folders – and metadata works easier with files than VOB folders.

I’ll give it a go. Thanks mate.

Any idea about why entire folders/files dissapear when I combine multiple folders into one folder?

johnwalker001 wrote:

Any idea about why entire folders/files dissapear when I combine multiple folders into one folder?

if you’re still talking about VIDEO_TS  folders … then probably, the structure is too much for the WDTV’s Media Library to handle  ?  (too many levels, resulting in undesirable sorting)

*i’m just guessing, since i only use .iso

eg.

TV SHOWS   <------ Main Folder

FAMILY GUY <-----  Sub Folder

SEASON 1 EP 1-4  <-----  Sub Folder of a Sub Folder

and then finally inside the Sub Folder of a Sub Folder

VIDEO_TS  <----- a Sub of a Sub of a Sub Folder

The *.iso way …

TV SHOWS   <------ Main Folder

FAMILY GUY <-----  Sub Folder

SEASON 1 EP 1-4.iso  <----- Click “Ok” to Play