Additional Information / Descriptions to Videos

I currently have my videos in folders. I have cover art and the video. I want to add additional information about the video such as descriptions. When I add as a .jpg, it changes my cover art which I don’t want. When I view the contents of the folder, it shows only video files. Any ideas how to achieve what I am trying to do?

Hi,

I haven’t try this, Let’s see if any of the users on the community can share some information about it

If you mean the “Get Content Info” option, it adds a file named Xxxx.metathumb to the video directory where Xxxx is the name of the video file. The metathumb file is just a renamed .jpg file. If you are using .mkv video files you can try this: Use an mkv extractor to get the .jpg out of the mkv file (or use the original jpg file). Rename the Xxxx.jpg to Xxxx.metathumb (that is, use the exact name of the metathumb file in the video directory) and copy it over the original metathumb file in the video directory. The WD TV should now display your jpg instead of the one from the content provider. I haven’t done this myself but I have done the opposite. I’ve renamed the metathumb to a jpg and it worked.

For the descriptions, try editing the Xxxx.xml file in the video directory.

Remember that if you later do a “Rescan Info”, it will wipe out your work.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I don’t believe the “get content info” is what I am looking for. I am not looking to download anything. I wanted to add a video description to the video. My files are .mpg. I want this to be stored on my computer with the movie and .jpg file, not actually through the unit.