G-SpeedQ issue

I’ve recently bought a used G-SpeedQ (older USB2 version) and trying to set it up with 4 x 3TB drives. When I turn it on the lights flash amber and blue as expected but after the boot process the Red warning light and the top drive amber light stay on. At first I thought it was a faulty drive but I’ve now tried several different drives in the top slot and switched the drives around with no luck - it always seems to keep the top amber light and red warning light on.

I tried running the G-Tech configurator with the array connected via USB but it doesn’t find the array.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

With the light staying on it is attempting to rebuild the RAID since it was last used. You can reset the entire RAID as long as you get the correct software. You’ll want the USB 2.0 version from our site for best luck but its possible your unit might be too old for our software available.

Hi Rydia, I don’t believe its rebuilding the raid for the following reasons:

1. These are 4 brand new drives
  2. The light is solid amber I nly on the top drive slot and solid blue on
    the other three. The instructions state the lights will flash while
    rebuilding takes place or for a faulty drive.
  3. I left the unit overnight and it is still showing the same solid blue
    lights.
  4. I have the version of gtech software which has identified the array
    previously and it is not finding it either connected by USB or esata

Any other ideas? If it’s a hardware fault is there a repair possibility?

Thank you

The tool would only have success over USB but if it won’t detect it at this point the controller on the device is likely gone and that’s why it won’t read properly.

There is no repair available. We only offered replacements while under warranty and no repair of the device.