G-RAID w TB3 and SSDs = not as fast as I hoped

Hi all,
I’ve had an 8TB G-RAID Thunderbolt 3 drive for a couple years and I got tired of the noise and slow speeds with my Mac – around 380 MB/s – so I just swapped out the HDDs with two WD Blue 2.5" SSDs. I used the RAID configurator to format the array as RAID 0 and then initialized them with Disk Utility to APFS/GUID. The speeds now read as 490 write/520 read. This is good but not amazing – the drives are supposed to have a max speed on their own of 560 MB/s, and while I knew they wouldn’t hit that speed I was hoping to see some boost by combining them at least in the 700s. Do I need to do anything else to unlock more speed, or is this just a limitation of using only 2 disks in an array or possibly a bottleneck with the G-RAID itself?

TIA,
JVK

Hi @jvk1,

Please check the drive data transfer rate in accordance with drive capacity:

Data Transfer Rate 8TB: Up to 360MB/s; 12TB: Up to 440MB/s; 16TB: Up to 400MB/s; 20TB: Up to 480MB/s; 24TB: Up to 500MB/s

For more information, please check this PDF: https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/g-tech/product/desktop/hard-drives/g-raid-tb3/data-sheet-g-raid-tb3.pdf