G Drive Won't Power Up

My G Drive Mini now won’t power up; no light or computer recognition. Is there an internal backup battery? What else can I check?

1 Like

I had the same problem. I was trying to power up with just the power cord - the drive apparently needs to be connected to your computer as well, so try connecting both power and computer cables and see if that works.

1 Like

Same problem for me. You have to connect the drive with a USB or Thunderbolt on the drive I have. It’s the first time I have seen that type of thing. Guess it’s a good thing? This thread helped a ton…I was freaking out!

WOW! this forum REALLY helped this AM. I just moved the entire office and on reassembly I couldnt get the G Drive to power up! I didnt know it had to have a computer connection also to power up!

1 Like

thanks

I’m having the same issue. My G Drive will not power up and it’s connected to my Mac. I’ve also tried connecting it to my computer via USB but it’s not working…HELP!!!

1 Like

This worked for me too. I guess the Thunderbolt cable was disconnected from the Imac so it looked good but it wasn’t.
After plugin it back to the Imac, started working again.
Thank you.

My 2008 G for MAC Drive suddenly stopped powering up. Where do I sent it. Has many ongoing projects on it nor all backed up on other drives.
Thank you