Frustrating issues - have to reset because ff/rw etc does does not respond

setup: 

The WD TV Live Streaming

latestest firmware - v1.16.13

NAS - is seagate NAS

Local USB as well

I have posted this 2 time - and all I get is direction to new forum or random other stuff. any help in identify why my new wdtv has the following problem please…

hi

I got the WD TV live from best buy and I am running the latest 16 firmwar that got upgraded a few days back.

the problem is that the device hand each time I try to play a any file - I have stuff converted from DVD or Youtubes - kids stuff - and I have do a full reset each time in order to get it to play.

after a full reset  (all everything reset) - it will play a file one time - and then get will not play anything else. IT shows the menu - but on clicking a file - it shows the “loading arrow” and doesn do anything. a full reset is now required for anything to work.

Also - when playing a movie - after about 2-3 mins of playing - all controls stop working - and any action - like menu etc - works, but the movie is plating the back - and it does it not work anymore.

everything second action require a full reset.

the disks are both local USB and Network NAS shares. the issue is bugging the **bleep** out me and my kids… tried all sort of debug/ reset  - the only thing remaining is to try and throw the device against a wall and see what happens.

any help.

I have also returned the device once and replace with new device and same issue.

PLEASE HELP…

thx

I had that problem with some “bad encoded” files, when played they display a black screen and leave WDTV in a “semi-crashed state”, meaning that from that point on, almoust all files will not play, even some good files will not play.

Only way to recover from this state, would be to disconnect WDTV power cable.

Maybe only some of the files are crashing the player and after that no file will play.

If you can identify all the files that crash WDTV and remove them, you will be abble to play the remaining files well.

After disconnecting power cable and power on, when you find the first file that gives a black screen or crashes, move it to a “Bad Files” folder and reboot wdtv, removing power cable.

Do this for all files that give you a black screen.

Note:

You can also get just 1 or 2 good video files, copy them alone to a pen and play them several times in a row.

If you can do this, it’s means the player works well.

You will also know that there are some other incompatible files that crashes it.

If you can indentify these files, you could see how they are encoded… I just delete them.