Folder thumbs

Hope someone can help me out.  My current folder structure is broken by genre and I had a custom jpg for each folder.  It was working great until a few weeks ago.  Now, whenever I add a new movie, the thumb of that movie is showing as the folder thumb instead of my custom jpg.  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to stop it from changing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

You Have to go in and delete the metathumb in order to fix this. problem is that if the metathumb is all you have for movie thumbs then you will lose those. I create my thumbs separately

That is all I have.  It’s basically what pulled when I selected get content.  

Is there a way to convert the metathumb files to jpg or is there some sort of setting to get it pulling jpgs again so I don’t have to deal with this?

craighannon wrote:

That is all I have.  It’s basically what pulled when I selected get content.  

Is there a way to convert the metathumb files to jpg or is there some sort of setting to get it pulling jpgs again so I don’t have to deal with this?

Change the file extention to .jpg

That worked like a champ!  Thanks so much

I saw the folder change to the FIRST metathumb file in folder every time I choose “Get Info”. It’s not the new metathumb.

So, if you don´t want to rename the metathumb file to jpg every time you choose “Get Info”, you could generate a FIRST metathumb with your folder cover. For example, rename your folder JPEG to “_name.metathumb”.

Patience… every firmware update requires patience…

I just drop a !folder.jpg into the directory. It’s looking for the first file in the directory, so it will always see files starting with ‘!’ first. And, the naming is actually !folder.jpg, not whatever is in the directory.

Ex.

/Comedy

• !folder.jpg → image for the comedy genre

• comedymovie_1.avi

• comedymovie_1.metathumb → image for comedymovie_1

• comedymovie_2.avi

• comedymovie_2.metathumb → image for comedymovie_2

/Drama → image for the drama genre

• !folder.jpg

• dramamovie_1.avi

• dramamovie_1.metathumb → image for dramamovie_1

• dramamovie_2.avi

• dramamovie_2.metathumb → image for dramamovie_2

This will show the !folder.jpg for each folder and the associated images for each movie.

Also, note that this will not take affect until the library has been rebuilt. I usually delete the ‘thumbs’ directory and then rebuild the library. Sometimes, a simple ‘device restart’ (do not click on ‘device reset’ by accident) from the settings menu will work as well.