Files on My Passport Ultra can be read but not transferred

I have a 2TB WD My Passport Ultra that I’ve been using for a few years. Unfortunately, something has happened:

• While it shows up when I plug it into any computer, I can’t transfer any files out of it.
  • I can still see all the files, and I can even access the particular files (photos/videos/documents).
  • The drive is extremely slow, to make it unusable, any videos unwatchable since they load very slowly.
  • When I try to transfer files, the transfer is extremely slow, almost non-existent. Some larger files, I’ve waited hours without any progress on the transfer. For smaller files, I’ve been able to transfer them over.
  • Finally, and I’m unsure if this is related, when I plug in the drive, there are two drives which pop-up: My Passport (D:) and DBR_BOOT (E:)

Any help at all would be very much appreciated on how I can fix this, get my data off of this drive. Thanks!

Hey Gigan07,

First of all, I suggest you to diagnose your WD hard drive using WD Drive Utilties for complete health test. It will help you in recognizing the issue with drive.
If everything comes out to be good then make sure you are plugging the drive directly on to your computer’s port and not using any kind USB Hub.

If you issue still unresolved then please contact WD Customer Support for proper assistance.