External hard drive freezes when copying files

Hello, I have 4tb WD external passport hard drive and already used almost 1.2tb space but recently im not able to open some of my folders in drive.
its show this error : Screenshot, 2022-11-22 20:02:36 - Paste.Pics
Screenshot, 2022-11-22 20:06:13 - Paste.Pics

Also i run chkdsk command to fix the errors, its took more than 24hour and complete 37% (showing only bad sectors and nothing else), i cancelled the chkdsk command and close the cmd

After facing this problem i contact with wd team for warranty claim and solution, they told me to take backup of your data and send the drive to service center, so they can check it from their side.

But when im trying to copy my data from my external drive its get freeze. And i cant do anything even i have to shutdown my laptop and restart again (this problem im facing again and again) not able to copy my important data.
From more than week i only recovered 2gb data from my 1.2tb total data.

This problem is actually horrible for me cuz those 1.2tb data is actually very important for me, its my 12years work data that i stored in my 4tb external drive and i don’t have any other backup.

Please help me with this…

Hi @rajbharjitendra,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

More thn 5 Months, No one replied from WD case support team.

I think they all are waiting to get my warranty over thn they will ask me for money for any kind of support

Worst Experience with WD…

I WISH I COULD CHOOSE SEAGATE AT THAT TIME BUT ITS MY BAD I DECIDED TO BUY WD PRODUCT

WORST COMPANY WORST PRODUCT WORST SUPPORT WORST EXPERIENCE

Hi,
Please find below the steps :slight_smile:
Method 1: Modify how you copy files.
A hard disc may freeze if repeated fast drag and drops are made. When transferring files, try to utilize copy/paste or cut/paste. Moreover, you may transmit data in smaller groups as opposed to one large batch, increasing the transfer rate.

Modifying write caching using method 2
Enabling write caching in Device Manager will help you resolve the problem if you are transferring files to the external hard drive

Step 3: fix the frozen external hard drive’s faulty sectors.

Format your external hard disc as NTFS (method 4).
It’s possible that the external hard drive was formatted incorrectly or that there is a software issue if you are unable to copy files to it and it is frozen. By reformatting the disc to NTFS, you can repair it. It should only be used as a last option because you’ll lose all the data you have previously stored on the drive.
Hopefully the above mentioned steps will help you out.