EX4100 + Transmission 1.07 = Connection Failed

Can anyone advise me? I can’t make use of Transmission on my EX4100 since I (foolishly) updated it from 1.05 to 1.07 - I get a warning dialog saying ‘Connection Failed’ :frowning: I know I’m not the only one who’s had this problem, and I found some posts from WD (at least I think they were from WD) providing links to legacy versions of Transmission, for other WD NAS products, but not the EX4100.

I contacted support, and they said, “Although Transmission is part of our supported third-party apps, any technical support is provided directly by the app vendor”. However, the WD site states, “Western Digital does not support setup, configuration or troubleshooting of 3rd party apps outside of the download, installation and successful launch of the app from the My Cloud dashboard”. Kinda where I’m having the problem…

Does anyone have, by any chance, have a download of Transmission 1.05 for the EX4100 they could pass on? Or know how to get a bit more help out of the WD support folks? I’m rubbish with back-end stuff, so don’t fancy messing with code… Seems a daft reason to have to buy a new NAS, and I do hope that’s not the idea here, coz it won’t be a Western Digital if I do!

Ta in advance :slight_smile: