EX2 Need to format just one new JBOD disk, not both disks as prompts indicate

I replaced one of the disks in a MyCloudEX2, the other disk is only 2TB full of data I don’t want to erase.
Put in a brand new unformatted disk, WD Red Pro in this case, and it is recognized in the Dashboard under Storage-Disk Status but it does NOT have a Volume written or assigned to it yet, so it can’t be add ed as Share
How do I create a Volume on this new disk?
All the choices I can see, for example in the Dashboard in Utilities->Format show me only the existing Volume and if I format I am going to format both disks. There is no option for performing a format on the new disk.
Options under Storage->Change Raid mode does the same thing.
What does the user do to replace a bad JBOD disk, have to format both disks and start over??
-Mike

Hi @mapperboy,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

JBOD is used by organizations that need an efficient on-premises storage method. It offers huge amounts of storage and can be configured depending on the user’s needs. JBOD is the opposite of partitioning, where individual drives are segmented into smaller volumes, as JBOD combines drives into larger unit volumes.

Christina8,
Sorry but not the answer I needed; Yes I’m totally familiar with the use and selection when setting up an EX2 and choosing JBOD for type of ‘Raid’. (BTW WD’s definition of JBOD is different from what some other NAS vendors define as JBOD. Synology for example automatically spanned JBOD disk sets when they are created. WD’s version of JBOD disks sets are NOT spanned).

To the point, I had a very specific question about the steps using EX2 dashboard to format just one unformatted replacement disk inserted into an EX2 which already had two ext4 formatted JBOD disks, one of which I removed because I needed to upgrade that bay with a larger capacity disk.