Error in Device manager

My Book live is showing an error in Device manager:This device cannot start. (Code 10) I’m currently using Windows 8.

I also think that this issue is stopping smartware from working correctly.

Looks like its a driver issue. Anyone know where I can get an updated driver for live book on WIndows 8?

Hi dude,

First try uninstalling smartware and then do a clean installation of the latest version. Also check if you have the latest firmware update available for the my book. 

Hey, I also just updated to windows 8 and same error in device manager for me (code 10.) The drive works fine and mapped correctly, just wanted to know why windows thinks its not running. 

I also re-ran the disk that came with my drive. The software reconizes it, however device manager still there.

Also uninstalled and reinstalled in device manager, restarted and same issue.

Please release a small update so windows can run properly for this drive.

Live Duo 3TB

Win 8 64-bit

Thanks 

• Will

Just another pic of the latest f/w installed on the drive as what the guy said to try.

I am having the exact same problem – latest wd firmware 

any news on this issue yet ? 

Same Win 8 Code 10 problem here. 

The sound of crickets chirping coming from WDC is deafening …

The MybookLive doesn’t need a device driver. Simply remove MyBookLive from control panel/devices and printers section of Windows 8 and it will remove it from device manager for good.

And why do we want to remove it? Wouldnt’ we want to control MBL from windows?? Still no answer, just checked back, nothing new to report

The Mybooklive is not attached to your computer, it is connected to your network. There is no need for a MyBookLive device driver to access and control the MyBookLive as it is accessed as a network based device.