DX4000 Factory Reset: Error 0xD9

I recently got a DX4000 for free from a friend under the claim that it was broken. The error code was 0xD9. I figured that I could just factory it/replace broken drives and I would be fine. I downloaded the PANAM iso, flashed using win32diskimager, and followed the manual but to no avail. I couldn’t get it to recovery mode. I’ve never used the DX4000 before and would just like a simple NAS.

You do not flash the iso you mount it as a dvd and run setup.exe
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5060

Thanks for that. I tried that, but got the BAD STORAGE error. I then rebuilt the storage, then tried the recovery again and got to the RECOVER STARTED status. However, the recovery tool cannot find the server. The sentinel is hooked up directly to the router and so is my computer (ethernet). Any thoughts?

EDIT: Also tried disabling AV and firewall. No luck

there is a dhcp server somewhere as in the wd gets an ip?
if the worker pc is win10 try enabling smbv1 and see if it makes a difference

Yes there is a DHCP server in my router. It’s a cradlepoint MBR1400v2. I went ahead and created a DCHP reservation under the primary MAC address and I can see it in the client list, as well as detect it using Fing (iOS app). I also enabled smbv1 (client and server) and still no luck.

Have any other worker PC’s? Something without 3rd party AV or maybe a win 7 box?

All my PC’s are win 10, but I could install win 7 on my desktop WS and try that. Lemme get back to you