Dropbox app doesn't log in since latest update 2.03

I have had troubles with Dropbox for months - it doesn’t complete syncing but instead says “sync paused” no matter how many times started/stopped/reinstalled etc.

So I was excited to see an update to the Dropbox app - but after upgrading to new version 2.03 it asked me to sign in to dropbox again and I can’t even get past that step.

I click on the dropbox app
I click “sign in”
It opens a window for dropbox to ask permission - I click “allow”
It brings up a code, I copy and paste this back into the dropbox app page and save
It goes back to the same screen that says “sign in” (it doesn’t save or show settings)

No matter how many times I repeat the process I can’t get the dropbox app to do anything else. I have also rebooted the device a few time to see if that helps.

I know the code is being copied correctly because if it’s not then it gives an error message (I tried a different code as a test)

Can anyone help with this? I’ve had ongoing problems with dropbox since purchasing this devices couple of years ago and I’d love to finally get it sorted out. Each update to the dropbox app makes me hopeful again but now it’s not even running…

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud: Install and Use Dropbox App

Thanks Jonty - I’ve tried the steps here that are relevant to installing the app but they’re not working.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else is using the Dropbox app successfully, at version 2.03 or any other version. It’s never worked properly for me.

FYI for others that might be following this up. WD won’t help get their dropbox app working because they say it is 3rd-party (even though they write and provide the app and their website says they will help get their apps installed and started). I’ve tried written and phone support with no help.

Previous versions of the app ran but would not complete sync correctly.

The current version does not run at all.

So I bought a Synology NAS instead and it works beautifully, has just finished running its first sync to dropbox and it’s given me a huge sigh of relief to know that my data is now synced and backed up that way.

I’ll be selling my WD Mycloud Mirror gen2 on ebay, to someone who doesn’t need it to sync to dropbox.