DLNA error

hi guys

do u know what going on with wdmycloud 4T as DLNS error message attach?

i do restart several time,no changes… I do reinstall firmware, normal for temporary,after I activated the MEDIA SERVING on Share , its back again as message attach. waiting until 1 month now,not finish update.

even i don’t know how many file video,music and photo i have on my cloud.

what going on with this issue? bad product?

Capture.JPG

Can’t see your image yet.  In the mean time, have you read this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/FAQ-Twonky-DLNA-Media-Server-Setup-amp-Use/td-p/858810

Capture.JPG

the issue out of that treat

Since it will take some time for your images to be approved, maybe you could just explain what it is you are trying to do, with what software, and summarize what issues the error message, and what it says.

Error 400161

Okay, I can see the pictures now. Well, the ones I can read; I can’t make out the text on the error report, and don’t know all the error codes by heart. Could you not have typed the entire error message?

There appears to be something wrong with your Twonky media server, as you are not getting a correct version identifier; it should read something like:

7.2.9_7.5.0-43

It looks like it’s trying to display an HTML page saying ‘error 401’, i.e. page not found. Almost as if Twonky hasn’t been installed. The error message looks like it says something about ‘Media Server not found’, which seems a pretty clear report of what is wrong.

Can you access the Twonky UI?

<your MyCloud  name>:9000

I.e. port 9000 on your MyCloud name, or its IP address, in a web browser.

If a firmware re-install doesn’t work, I suggest you contact WD Support (which I’m not, by the way).

in the setting–media–media streaming on. display will be like this :

DLNA Media Server Media Streaming ONView Media Players »

Version 401

Media Music Tracks: - Pictures: - Videos: -

Last Update Updating database… DLNA Database Rescan Rebuild

in the setting–media–media streaming off display will be normal:

DLNA Media Server Media Streaming OFF

Version 7.2.9_7.5.0-43

Media Music Tracks: - Pictures: - Videos: -

if reboot several time no changes, shutdown, no effect. reinstall the firmware, temporary will be ok, but after share folder, media serving turn on, it will be issue above back again. sometime turn on and off the media streaming ,error message display popup, “media server error 400162” could your support on this issue on mycloud. thanks

acces for twonky is normal, can access. buat not all data displayed

I would suggest nuking the twonky working area. See option 3 of ’ Q. How do I clear Twonky’s database and start again?’ in my FAQ:

1. Finally, you can completely clear out Twonky’s working area. 

Turn Twonky off using the Settings|Media|DLNA Media Server|Media Streaming control in the Dashboard.  Then SSH root login, and hide the entire Twonky working area:

cd /CacheVolume

mv twonkymedia twonkymedia_bak

Restart the Twonky Server using the Dashboard; it will re-create Twonky’s working area with a clean version with default settings.  You can then use the Twonky UI to put your settings back in place.  You might try doing this one-by-one, saving the settings and restarting the Twonky server from the Twonky UI each time, then checking the logfile after the Twonky UI has re-appeared.

Once you’re happy with the operation of the clean startup, you can delete the old Twonky working area:
rm -f -R /CacheVolume/twonkymedia_bak

The -f -R flags mean ‘delete EVERYTHING from here down… yes, I mean it’.  nb. it will only delete the Twonky database; it won’t delete any of your media.  But do be careful that you type the command in correctly; rm -f -R is a powerful command (-f means force, -R means recursive), and could do a lot of damage if you get it wrong…

If you put the password option in TWONKY’s web GUI, that will happen. 

Oh, yes, that’s right. I’d forgotten… It’s alluded to in the FAQ, but I might add an explicit note. If only to remind myself…

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/Adding-Admin-Password-to-Twonky-breaks-Content-Scan/m-p/848620

so its means must be blank the pasword? on twonky UI?

so its means must be blank the pasword? on twonky UI?

If you want the MyCloud Dashboard to be able to get media counts from a running Twonky server, then yes, you cannot set a password using the Twonky UI.

Now, what problem are you actually concerned about?

Does your Twonky server find meida, report the number of media files it has found (via its UI Status page, and does it serve UPnP/DLNA media clients, allowing you to stream media?

If it does all that, are you really that bothered that the Dashboard doesn’t display the status correctly? If so, why are you so bothered? Does it really matter? Or are you just a bit annoyed that your cheap, consumer NAS isn’t quite perfect? Considering the mess with the rest of the Twonky integration, the lack of a Dashboard report of media counts is the least of my worries…

Hi, I seem to have a problem with suddenly not being able to access twonky via :9000 and it seems you might be able to help. I think it crashed building the database and never came back. I’ve been following some of your threads but I’ve run into a snag…
I ssh in, get to /CacheVolume but there is no twonkymedia. I’ve started and restarted DLNA in the dashboard a few times. After searching around a bit I found a twonky directory in /usr/local/ and figured out it is twonky v7.2.9-6.
Also, the shared folders show up in windows and linux, I’ve got a myCloud Mirror, the WD dashboard works fine. My linux knowledge is very limited but I got this far :wink:
Thanks!

This is the MyCloud forum. The Mirror is a different beast, so file locations are likely to be different, and it’s probably dangerous to go deleting things without being sure it’s what you want…

On the MyCloud, this is what I find in the /CacheVolume/twonkymedia folder:

total 256
drwxrwxrw- 5 root root   4096 Nov 23 22:08 db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     70 Nov 23 22:08 db.info
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     70 Nov 23 22:08 db.info_bak
drwxrwxrw- 2 root root   4096 Sep  2 21:52 ddb_updates
drwxrwxrw- 3 root root   4096 Sep 30 20:04 pdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    314 Sep  2 21:50 report-info.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      0 Nov 23 22:08 tsbyebye
drwxrwxrw- 2 root root   4096 Sep 30 20:23 tuner
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    303 Nov 23 22:08 twonky-config.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    309 Nov 23 22:08 twonky-config1.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    454 Nov 23 22:08 twonky-locations-70.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    177 Sep  2 21:50 twonky.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 197599 Nov 23 22:08 twonkymedia-log.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  13706 Nov 23 22:08 twonkyserver.ini

/usr/local/twonkymedia-7

on the MyCloud contains configuration files for devices and views; you don’t want to delete them.

I just figured the devices would all work the same way on this level and since I’m having such trouble finding anything useful I thought I would give you a try. Thanks for getting back to me!
I am certainly not a total noob and wouldn’t just willy-nilly delete things. In fact the only reason I used ssh and putty in the first place was after I started having troubles connecting to twonky.
I’m thinking the power kicked out during twonky db build… and it deleted itself?!? All I have in the /CacheVolume/ folder is this weirdness -

/CacheVolume # ls -a
. alert_notify_time orion_cm_enabled
… device_users_updated
.wd-alert last_firmware_info_sent

Try asking on the Mirror forum; you’re more likely to find someone with Twonky experience on the Mirror there.

As I said, they are different machines, different OS, different file structure, as is clear from the lack of the twonkymedia folder in CacheVolume.

Or use linux find to find out where twonkyserver.ini is.

The other thing to do is to rebuild (not rescan) the database from the Dashboard.

Darn… You are the most useful person on the wd forums. Wish you had the mirror :wink:
I’ll let you know if i figure it out. Thanks!

Hey cpt!
Thought I should let you know that I got Twonky back with a simple System Only Restore. Hurrah! I guess I was chasing things with the /CacheVolume directory etc. and should have started with the restore.
Thanks and keep up the good work!