Disassembling mycloud home

Hi itsmanslife,

Have you managed to run the opkg nfs-kernel-server package on Entware?
when I run:

/opt/etc/init.d # ./S57nfs-kernel-server start

I have the following error:

Starting NFS server
mount: /opt/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs: unknown filesystem type 'rpc_pipefs'.
mount: /proc/fs/nfsd: unknown filesystem type 'nfsd'.
./S57nfs-kernel-server[76]: can't create /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size: No such file or directory
rpc.nfsd: Unable to access /proc/fs/nfsd errno 2 (No such file or directory).
Please try, as root, 'mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd' and then restart rpc.nfsd to correct the problem
rpc.nfsd: unable to set any sockets for nfsd

Thank you for your help

I totally agree!! I don’t know what to do to reach WD and share this problem, So many reviews and comments already present but WD doesn’t want to do anything about it. They should push some update and allow basic functionalities like ssh, ftp and SMB.

Guys, Im noob in linux, how to edit files if they are read only?

i would like to install full debian any instructions, please?

put in rw mode… becareful can kill the system

system/bin/mount -o rw,remount /system

to return back
system/bin/mount -o ro,remount /system

All sorted, mounted hdd in Win10. Thanks for all help AbuG. All I needed was transmission, works ok if file is less than 5gb. 'Coz if its larger it shows no space in disk for some reason, but its ok :slight_smile:

If you feel adventurous, you could try this and let us know if it worked :slight_smile:

Fully at your own risk

Yeah I came across that before… It needs hardware fastboot mode and recovery mode where we can ADB without system loaded … Don’t think we can do that at will through hardware buttons
(possibly can though an ADB reboot command while system is loaded)

Would jumping these get us into bootloader mode?

You need uart adapter to stop the system from booting.

Anyway, it’s useless, there is no kernel for the realtek cpu.

Could we use kernel from Banana Pi W2 which is also Realtek RTD1296?

Also we have 3 partions being recognised as kernel on the HDD. So might even be able to flash image directly from workstation? Kernel A,B and Gold

You might be able to use this: GitHub - jjm2473/rtd1295-toolchain: toolchain for rtd1295/rtd1296 Openwrt CC (15.01)

Please help! oleg199119@gmail.com

Sorry for the late reply, there is no support in this kernel. There are no kernel sources.

Hello, my hard disk has been formatted by me and can’t run now. Can you give me original disk image?

Thanks~~

I need you~~
:smiley::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Just found a way to install Debian on this sheet:
Install Debian on WD My Cloud home (in french, but translate from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=467828&view=findpost&p=87961189 )

Hey could you assist me with my POS MCH? I’m desperate. And just messed up my dual boot Mac and I’m having to reinstall the windows drive completely trying to do this.

Hi, I`m not undrestand you. What kind of help do you need ? You have WDMCH device ?

Hi,
Thanks to your post I was able to easily install Debian on my WDMCH.
I wonder if there is any way to restore the contents of the Public folder after installing Debian?
I was hoping that it would be on an unaffected partition but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Thanks