Data Recovery of My Passport Ultra under Warranty

Hello!
I have 1Tb My Passport Ultra Hard Drive. It is under warranty. I am not able to access Hard Drive through My Computer. Although it is visible in Disk Manager. I guess, someone removed it from computer without SAFELY REMOVING.
I can’t afford to loose my DATA. Please suggest, what should I do!

1. Should I use any Data recovery software and try recovering the data? If Yes, then please suggest some good Data Recovery Software.
    or
  2. I should not try to recover Data myself. If Yes, then please suggest any good and cheaper Data Recovery Service Provider in India.

Thanks.

You could browse online for a free data recovery application. However, this will only work if the hard drive itself still works. If there’s a physical issue then recovering your data through software may not be possible.

I am not aware of local data recovery companies in India, but the following link contains a list of certified professionals:

1 Like

Thanks Trancer. But this link is of no use as the Recovery Center suggested in this web-site is based in Singapore and can’t provide services in India.

“You could browse online for a free data recovery application. However, this will only work if the hard drive itself still works.” As there is not physical damage, so this will work. A lot of softwares are avialable. But I am not able to decide, which data recovery software (application) should I use. Because I don’t want to take risk by choosing wrong software and damaging my data. :frowning:

Unfortunately, there’s no data recovery application I am able to recommend since I am not aware of a WD-endorsed utility.

Hopefully another member of the WD Community will be able to assist.

1 Like

Thank you for responding :slight_smile:

Hi, Consider using reputable and professional data recovery software like Stellar and Undelete to recover the lost data. Professional data recovery tools can often retrieve lost or inaccessible data from storage devices.