Data Recovery of My Passport Ultra under Warranty

Hello!
I have 1Tb My Passport Ultra Hard Drive. It is under warranty. I am not able to access Hard Drive through My Computer. Although it is visible in Disk Manager. I guess, someone removed it from computer without SAFELY REMOVING.
I can’t afford to loose my DATA. Please suggest, what should I do!

1. Should I use any Data recovery software and try recovering the data? If Yes, then please suggest some good Data Recovery Software.
    or
  2. I should not try to recover Data myself. If Yes, then please suggest any good and cheaper Data Recovery Service Provider in India.

Thanks.

You could browse online for a free data recovery application. However, this will only work if the hard drive itself still works. If there’s a physical issue then recovering your data through software may not be possible.

I am not aware of local data recovery companies in India, but the following link contains a list of certified professionals:

1 Like

Thanks Trancer. But this link is of no use as the Recovery Center suggested in this web-site is based in Singapore and can’t provide services in India.

“You could browse online for a free data recovery application. However, this will only work if the hard drive itself still works.” As there is not physical damage, so this will work. A lot of softwares are avialable. But I am not able to decide, which data recovery software (application) should I use. Because I don’t want to take risk by choosing wrong software and damaging my data. :frowning:

Unfortunately, there’s no data recovery application I am able to recommend since I am not aware of a WD-endorsed utility.

Hopefully another member of the WD Community will be able to assist.

1 Like

Thank you for responding :slight_smile: