Data lifeguard tools 11.2

FURIOUS W.T.H.

OK my data lifeguard tools 11.2 disc is all scratched up,

WD discontinued Data lifeguard tools,

Western Digital Support is no help, i do not want data life guard diagnosis, unless seomeone can show me where you can partion and format  a WD HDD on it.

What software do they offer now that lets you format and partition a WD HDD without going through windows,

I want to be able to do this through boot with no other HDD attached.

im failing to understand how a simple question is hard to answer.!!!

There are any number disk management utilities out there that work from a boot ISO…

Partition Magic

Partition Table Doctor

Norton

etc. etc.

1 Like

The Lifeguard Diagnosis CD is exactly that – diagnostics.

To my knowledge, WD never offered DOS tools to partition and format – that’s always been done through fdisk and format from Microsoft.

Those utilities have always been placed on the “Start Up” disc that used to be included with Windows.  Nowadays, the Windows setup program will allow you to format the drive before installing Windows onto it, without needing a separate disc prior to Setup.

So I don’t really get the problem.  Either your copy of Windows came with a floppy to perform pre-Setup disc operations, or they can be performed from Windows Setup itself, when booting from the Setup CD.  Why do you need a different program to format the drive before you boot with the Setup disc?

Unless you’re using a different OS.  In that case you’d use that OS’ CD to do the formatting (eg. GPARTED for Linux).

I’m still not grasping why you need a WD disc at all to format a HD.

But since this is your first post ever, exactly what question has been so hard to answer?  You’ve asked no previous questions.

1 Like

yea i just learned after calling support the lifeguard diag they offer only wipes doesnt allow advanced partition like

lifeguard tools 11.2 did.

as far as norton i would never use norton but haven’t tried the partition magic, looks promising though,

thanks

In reply to roofer,

WD made A dos tool that was called “WD data lifeguard tools” its in the old forums how it was recently discontinued.

it had advanced formating HDD for multiple partitions.

and it still works flawlessly with new sata drives,

under the tab set up hard drive, then you go to advanced settings, and their you can allocate space and partion or multiple partition however you liked.

its a silver cd with a blue stripe thru it with that says google software version 11.3 on the blue and on the silver part it says data life guard tools 

I know that… I have a stack of them here… 11.0… 11.3…

But the Data Lifeguard Bootable CD that WD has offered for download was never the full Data Lifeguard Tools disc that was included with new drives, to my knowledge.  It’s always been just the one DLDDIAG5 DOS tool.  Which is the same DLDDIAG5 program that used to be offered as a floppy download.

1 Like

im not sure why you imply OS my OS has nothing to do with multiple partition,

when i set up my drive for OS i used the data life gaurd tool for mutiple partion,

i only allocate about 40 to 60gb for main OS

and partition 100gb drives partitions after that,

So if i have a 500gb harddrive, I make a smal partition size of about 60 gb for my windows 7 because smaller the partition the better and faster it loads up, "less partition to read so boots faster.

then the rest of my drive i allocate depending on what partitions are assigned for: 100gb for movies then 100gb for files , 250 gb for games.

i do not like using windows 7 partition because when making multiple partitions it always wants to allocate a small partition that i cant use and frankly  do not want it showing up as another partition. for 100mb or 250 mb

hence my question, if i wasn’t clear is where i could find another downloadable verison of the disc, because mine is all scratched up.

or alternative software that i could download to replace my scratched up disc

and frankly using a seperate disc other than a windows OS to partition my drive is a personal choice on how i like to do things and isn’t relavent to me asking where i could find another copy or downloadable copy of data lifeguards tool installation disc to replace the one i have that is scratched up.

but partition magic seems to do the job so ill try it for a while.

I would like to say roofer provided me with a copy of the disc that i was looking for,

that WD doesn’t offer anymore for download.

I gues my question should of been can anyone send me a copy of the data life guard tools 11.3.iso

Kudos to roofer