Can't Create Bootable Floppy for Data Lifeguard Diagnostic

I have a new laptop that included a WD Scorpip Black 750GB internal drive, model WD7500BPKT.

As all laptop manufacturers like to do, the computer comes loaded down with all sorts of games, silly apps, and a variety of programs I don’t want.  I prefer to do format the drive, wipe out all existing data and partitions and start with an empty, fresh drive.

What is the best program for performing a low-level format to this drive?  I see WD offers their Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS, (v5.19).  But try as I might I have not been able to create a bootable floppy disk.  Every time I try to unzip the download and extract the files I only see the exe file.  The option to create a bootable floppy disk never appears on the monitor.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there another program someone can recommend, either from WD or a third party, that I can use to format the drive and write zeros to it?

Thank you!

Did you try this already :

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1082/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxMjU3MDk4NC9zaWQvVXczcl9OQWs%3D

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.  I was not aware that WD has opted to forego their own proprietary software and instead use Acronis.  I took a look at it and don’t think I’ll use it.  Instead, I’m going to use KillDisk. 

Glad to be able to help.