CrashPlan on WDMyCloud EX4 with firmware 1.04.x (busy box)

I have seen several threads where crash plan was installed on the MyCloud series device. Honestly, I am not sure why there is not an App or Plugin for it. However, those installations seem to be on earlier versions where the firmware was not based on BusyBox linux. Has anyone installed Crash Plan on this series of firmware? I am more of a Windows guy so instructions are helpful. 

These type of modifications are not supported, but maybe some of the other users can share some advice. 

03Fastmach1 wrote:

I have seen several threads where crash plan was installed on the MyCloud series device. Honestly, I am not sure why there is not an App or Plugin for it. However, those installations seem to be on earlier versions where the firmware was not based on BusyBox linux. Has anyone installed Crash Plan on this series of firmware? I am more of a Windows guy so instructions are helpful. 

EX4 always came with BusyBox shell. What you have seen is probably for the My Cloud device - which always hada different firmware codebase than the My Cloud EX2/EX4/Mirror products…and I believe the My Cloud still does not come with BusyBox shell. So a lot of third party apps/utilities are possible to install on My Cloud’s firmware but might be trickier or not at all possible to get it to work on the EX2/EX4/Mirror.