Converting MyCloud to Synology DS118

I have loved 3TB MyCloud, but it is time to move on so I am converting to the DS118. I really like how easy MyCloud was to use. The DS118 is different and seems more complicated.

The MyCloud is so slow. MyCloud file transfers take forever.

What is the easiest, and fastest transfer speed way to move my 3TB share folders from the MyCloud to the DS118. On the MyCloud I have in a Public Share Folder about 79GB of flac music that I stream using Twonky server, DLNA, how do I move that folder and music files to the DS118, and stream using Flex. Does the DS118 even use the Twonky server???

How do I move all, big number, of Time Machine backups from multiple computers to the DS118. Thanks for help. How come you folks stopped the forum on Mac OS 10.11 using Firefox.

One way to copy the data is using rsync from the My Cloud SSH command line to copy the files from the My Cloud to the Synology NAS. See the following post where I explained (in general terms) how I used rsync to copy from a My Cloud to a Synology NAS running DSM 7.x.

One can incorporate the nohup command with the rsync command which will allow one to close the SSH terminal while the rsync continues to run on the My Cloud.

If one needs a DLNA media server (similar to Twonky) on Synology one can either enable the DLNA server option within the Plex Media Server Settings or they can install the Media Server package from the Synology DSM Package Center.

How to enjoy multimedia contents stored on Synology NAS with DLNA/UPnP-compliant DMAs?

Plex’s DLNA media server: