Connecting to home network

Hi

I recently bought a WD TV media player and have tried to connect it to my home network so that i can stream media from my pc.

The device asks me for a username and password even though i dont have one set up on my pc.

Can anyone help

Thanks

nieln wrote:

Hi

I recently bought a WD TV media player and have tried to connect it to my home network so that i can stream media from my pc.

The device asks me for a username and password even though i dont have one set up on my pc.

Can anyone help

Thanks

If you don’t have password protected sharing turned on, then just select “OK” with the defaults provided (Anonymous / *****)

But if you do, how do you change the user name and password to match my computer I am trying to connect to?  Does not seem to allow me to type anything

h2ofun wrote:

But if you do, how do you change the user name and password to match my computer I am trying to connect to?  Does not seem to allow me to type anything

Don’t understand what you’re saying.   So you bring up the OSD, type it in, and it ignores it?   Or what?

So I tell it I want to get video from a network source.  I then say it is a windows box.

It then comes up with a screen saying username and password for this windows box.

The login shows anonymous and then the password is a bunch of stars.

I need to add the login and password for my windows box to get to my share, but I find no way to

delete these default stuff and put in my unique info

I plugged in a USB keyboard that the manual said could be use and the delete does not clear the username

or passed, and it accepts no keystrokes for letters.

This is what the manual says.

Logging in to a Network Resource or Online Account
When accessing a network resource, you need to enter in the user name and
password for the device or account using the on-screen keyboard. In some cases, a
WD TV Media Player
User Manual
FINDING YOUR CONTENT – 34
default anonymous login displays if no password is set for the device. When this
happens, accept the default login, select , then press OK.
Select Remember Me and press OK to have the media player remember the user
name and password for the resource.

I see no one screen keyboard to make any changes.

Press the OK Button to bring up the on-screen keyboard.

Okay, where did you find this?  I do not see in the manual, and did not come up on the screen.

But, it worked, thanks.

So far, love the box.  A few things are not playing, but I assume my encoding was messed up.