Clarification on RAID 1 Configuration and Data Mirroring on MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS

Subject: Clarification on RAID 1 Configuration and Data Mirroring on MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking some insights regarding my MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS setup, which is configured with two 4TB hard drives. I’ve set the RAID mode to RAID 1 for data mirroring purposes. Additionally, I have enabled SSH access and have been transferring data to the NAS using FileZilla with SSH credentials.

My concern arises from the fact that when I log into the NAS via SSH, I see all the directories, and I have been copying my data into this specific folder: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public. My question is, with this setup, is RAID 1 still effectively mirroring my data across both drives? I’m unsure whether the RAID configuration on my device is hardware-based or software-based, and if it’s the latter, I’m worried that I might be copying data to only one of the hard drives inadvertently.

Can anyone clarify whether my current method of data transfer ensures that RAID 1 is functioning as intended, or am I misunderstanding how data mirroring works in this context?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Best regards,
Chrims

Yes, RAID 1 mirrors data to the second drive automatically.

It’s software-based.

thank you very much