Cisco DPC3825 Modem/Router

Shaw cable (Canada) are now issuing the Cisco Modem/Router Model DPC3825 with their new 50GB/S DOCSIS 3 internet service, is this unit compatible with the WD TV wireless connection, I have not been able to connect it, the only way I have connected is by installing a D-Link DWA-525 PCI Card in the computer or by wired 100feet of cable through my living room. – Any ideas ?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be…

Which WiFi adapter are you usng on your WDTV?

1 Like

The Cisco unit DPC3825 is not on the ‘approved’ list of Routers, the Wireless PCI Card is a D-Link DWA-525 and the USB Antenna attached to the WD TV is a D-Link DWA-125 (This is on the approve list) this combination works but messy, Ref KnowledgeBase for compaitible devises, I had tried a USB antenna I had but it did not work - I discovered that it was not on their list. I suspect the Cisco router (DPC3825) is not compatible.

ROUTER incompatibility is RARE.   As along as the Router is “standards compliant,”  *any* router should work well enough.

So, how far do you get in the wireless setup process?

Does the WDTV SEE your WiFi network?  (Your SSID shows up AUTOMATICALLY) 

Or are you entering your SSID manually?

What happens next?

1 Like

During setup WD will not see my Network, either thru the Automatic process or Manually entering the SSID etc, I just get the message Network not found. Using a 100 foot Ethernet cable it all works (my wife does not like the 100’ cable in the living room). It also works with the D-Link PCI Adaptor on the desktop with the D-Link DWA-125 Antenna on the WD TV, but not through the Cisco DPC3825. I went thru both procedures - no problem using the PCI card + USB Antenna. But nothing on the Cisco Router.

Thanks for the help.

Forgot to mention - wireless thru the Cisco is ok on my laptop and wireless ‘all in one printer’

Does your router require you to use “WPS” to connect?  (WPS stands for WiFi protected setup)

The WD’s don’t support WPS.

Try setting your SSID to BROADCAST, and make sure that the DWA125 supports the security mode your router is using (WPA / WEP / WPA2…)

1 Like

Thanks - you hit the nail on the head - the Cisco router does not support WPS, the solution is to put the Modem/Router in ‘Bridge Mode’ and use my faithful D-Link DIR-655 router.

Thanks again for the help.

Well, that’s one way around it, but I think the issue is something else…  The router NOT supporting WPS won’t be the issue, because the WD’s don’t support WPS, either…  But if you’re happy with your solution, that’s fine, too!  :)

1 Like