CCC error, what does it mean?

In my ongoing search to find a way to back up my macbook pro, I tried Carbon Copy Cloner. I was backing up to a disc image on MyCloud and things were going along well for about 8 hours when I left it to continue through the night.
When I got up in the morning, expecting the backup to be complete, I saw this message:
“The backup task was aborted because the destination volume is on transient storage, and the system went to sleep”
Does this mean the MyCloud went to sleep? My laptop was plugged in and should not have been an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

It is possible the drive went into sleep mode. Take a look at the user’s manual Page #110 for instructions on how to turn this off.

Hi Hamlet,
Thank you for your suggestion and link. I would have thought the MyCloud drive would be “busy” doing a backup, but maybe you’re right. It says it will go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity, so I’m not sure why it would work for hours and then fail, but I did turn off the sleep function and will see what happens.
I also noticed a setting for “Mac backups” that I had not noticed before. I turned it on and maybe Time Machine will work now. I have had problems with Time Machine as have many others. I doubt it’s as simple as this one setting, but I"ll see.