Have tried to reset a WD1000D033 to factory defaults using the following:
The directions below detail how to reset the username and password (for the Shared Storage Manager utility), and network settings of a WD My Book World Edition hard drive by using the reset button on the back of the unit.
- The username will be changed to " admin"
- The password will be changed to " 123456"
- The network settings will be changed to DHCP (obtain an IP address automatically).
Please ensure that the WD My Book World Edition hard drive is turned off and all cables are disconnected from the unit.
Insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the recovery slot on the back of the unit. You will press and hold down the reset button for a total of 2 minutes.
After the first 60 seconds, and while continuing to hold down the reset button, connect the power cable to the back of the unit.
Continue holding the reset button down for the last 60 seconds, then release the button. Once you release the reset button, you can then reconnect the ethernet cable.
The unit may take up to three minutes to boot up completely.
Note: Western Digital recommends rebooting the computer system after making any network setting changes to the WD My Book World Edition hard drive.
If you have forgotten your password, or if the network is misconfigured, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the admin user name, password and IP settings to the default values without erasing shared folders or volumes.
Follow the instructions below to reset the device using the recovery button.
- With the device powered on, insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the reset button slot on the back of the unit.
- Press and hold down the reset button for up to four seconds. The device will reboot (this may take up to three minutes).
Note: The default user name and password is admin.
Neither are working please advise