Can't remove duplicate files

Running windows 8.1 on new toshiba Satellite. Have WD 1 tb My Passport Ultra external drive. Smartware is running.

I have tried several 3rd party duplicate find and erase programs without success. Glary, Fast Duplicate File Finder, Auslogics Duplicate File Finder , Ashisoft, EDF and others. All with the same results. They all run fine and will delete selected files when using them on main drive on laptop. When I use any of these on external WD Passport they locate Dups, allow selection for deletion and will not delete. All their supports say the same thing. " It should work. Will, it doesn’t.  The only conclusion I can come to is a compatability issue with the W.D. drive. Maybe a windows gliche but doubt it. Can you assist. Thanks.

I think you’re in the wrong forum – this forum is for the My Book Live Duo NAS device.   I don’t see how your question pertains to that.

I think what you’re wanting is this section of the forum:

http://community.wd.com/t5/External-Drives-for-PC/bd-p/BoardExample

Thanks for the heads up.

Sometimes it’s one of the major causes why we experience slow speed from our computer. I also try some software that used to remove duplicate files and I’m lucky when I found this DuplicateFileDeleter. It scans quick and very easy to use.