Can't find WD My Cloud desktop app

Hi!
I have a laptop with WD My Cloud application installed for Windows. I installed it like 2 years ago mayby.
I recently gave access to friend. They can access my cloud from they phone, but they would like to access my cloud with same app I have on my laptop.
Where can I get my hand on that app again?

1 Like

Hello,

The My Cloud Desktop App is no longer supported by the My Cloud series as it has been discontinued. However, I found a link to the download section since the App is still available for the My Book Live products.

1 Like

I prefer using the Mycloud app desktop instead accessing via mycloud.com because only1 reason, the music player! I can select a number of files and add to a playlist and imediatly it starts to play, while in mycloud.com it has to download the music to play it.

1 Like

What app replace MyCloud Desktop?

1 Like

It’s quite a problem! If anyone has a software solution regarding this issue please give us a hint.

2 Likes

It’s incredible frustrating to me that the ap is no longer available. I loved that I could work on files through the ap and they automatically synched/saved on the cloud. Now, I have to download the file, do my work, and reupload the file. This is an incredible pain for those working remotely and sharing files with others!!! What is WD going to do to re-enable that critical functionality?

1 Like

You can download from here:
WD My Cloud Desktop for Windows: http://downloads.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloud_win.exe
WD My Cloud Desktop for Mac: http://downloads.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloud_mac.dmg

although I’m not certain that it will still give acces to your device anymore.

5 Likes

Thanks, batman890! I have VivoBook X512UA (third one here ) and your links are helped me

1 Like

I also purchased my WD cloud mirror two years ago and am having the same problem. For the amount we paid for these drives with no support only two years later, at best they should return our money. Enough of us should get together and file a class action law suit against this company. If anyone wants to start one before I do, I can be reached via email at Jewell322@msn.com. This needs to be done so everyone will know why they should not invest in a product like this for personal use.

2 Likes

Absolutely Agree. Please keep us updated…