Cant find media servers

hi im having trouble with my wdtv live , it cant see my media servers all of my other devices (laptop,ps3) see them straight away i have tried 3 different servers and all have the same problem, everything worked fine until 2 weks ago but since then nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

elbald90 wrote:

hi im having trouble with my wdtv live , it cant see my media servers all of my other devices (laptop,ps3) see them straight away i have tried 3 different servers and all have the same problem, everything worked fine until 2 weks ago but since then nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Can you see network shares? Can you connect to youtube, flickr etc. Have you tested your network connection via the network setting menu? Finally did anything happen with the WDTV just before this occurred, for example did you update firmware? Have tried resetting to factory defaults and recycling the power on the WDTV. What firmware are you running?

yes i can connect to my network ,my online connection is fine everything is working except for the media servers the computer sees the wdtv when i switch it on but the wdtv doesnt see the computer i have reset the system ,turned of the power to no avail im not sure what it can be . i am using the latest firmware which i think is .24 i would use network shares but that seems to go all shaky after 20 mins or so . i have just updated to .21 and still no joy

i can now connect to my laptop media server but not the ones on my main pc they are both running vista . the wdtv is the only device that cant see the server on my main pc and i have checked that all the permissions are ok .this is wierd