Can't delete file on WD My Cloud Mirror 8 TB

I copied my Time Machine Backup file (1,8 TB)  from another disk in my network on the Time Machine Backup Folder of my new WD My Cloud Mirror. Unfortunately my router did a reset in between and the copying process stopped, leaving an incomplete file on the folder.

I tried again with success ending up with a new complete copy.

I now tried to delete the incomplete file (1,5 TB) but it doesn’t work: Deleting via the finder ends up with a window “deleting file” which never comes to an end.

Trying to delete the file via the WD My Cloud App results in the error message “this folder can’t be deleted”.

Maybe the file is damaged through the incomplete copying,  but is there a way to delete this file without complete new reformatting of the entire WD My Cloud Drive and loosing the other file?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions

Hi PAbelard, try power cycling the My Cloud mirror and then try to delete the file again. 

I have the same problem with a Mac and cloud. File shows up in Public Folder. Try to delete, hold down control (right click) use the drop down menu and select delete but file is still there. Large files are taking up my headroom on the cloud. Can’t get rid of any of them.

So i figured out a go around,  I had the same issue.  

Use the My Cloud Application (WD Software) to select a single folder/file or multiple files, right click and delete.  Any “Stuck” files seem to not want to delete themselves from a regular window/browser view.  Dragging the files to the trashcan doent work either as i kept getting “File is busy” errors.

Use the WD Software to delete, it should work.

Use the WD Software to delete, it should work.

Thanks, that solved my issue, I was unable to delete a map from my MyCloud. This tip worked