Can't access MyCloud or Dashboard

Hi guys, for the past couple of days I’ve been having trouble with MyCloud drive.

Sometimes it shows up as a network drive, sometimes it doesn’t, but even when it does, it takes an age to get into in and I then can’t access any files. So if I try to open a picture it just says “Loading”. 

Also, I can’t get onto MyCloud Dashboard, I’m just met with a blank screen?

Any ideas what the problem could be? I’d tried restarting the drive and computer with no luck, would appreciate some assistance.

how are you trying to access the mycloud? Local Or remote? what apps

have you set a static IP? If not check your router config to find the current IP address

ping the IP address

in file explorer enter \IP_Adress

in a browser enter http://IP_Address

what happens with the above steps

Do you has SSH enabled? Any Linux experiance?

Hi Timberflake, how do you have the My Cloud connected? Are you trying to access the files using a wired or wireless access?

Hi, thanks for the response.

I’m trying to access it locally via my PC which is connected via an ethernet cable to the same router as the MyCloud.

When I ping the MyCloud I get the following:  

Pinging xxx.xxx.x.xx with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xxx.xxx.x.xx: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for xxx.xxx.x.xx:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

When I put the IP address into file explorer I get an error “Windows cannot access \xxx.xxx.x.xx”

And when I put the IP my browser, it does nothing, blank page and the circle whirling away (Chrome).

I’m not sure what SSH is but I presume not as I’ve not changed anthing from when from when the drive was workling a few days ago. 

You might benefit by using some of WD software tools

I suggest trying WD discovery software and My net view network evaluation tool

after the Ip in the browser you need to add /UI

do you have file and printer sharing enabled

Hi all,

I have the same problem as Timberflake.  I have been using My Cloud for about 5 months now with no problem.  At present, none of the threee computers I have connected can recognize it.  I am connected via ethenet.  I have utilized all of the WD tools.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Go in My computer.

In the left window pane Look for “NETWORK”. Click on that. Give a few seconds to find all devices in your network.

You should see you MY CLOUD device there also.

Right click on it, select “Open device page” 

See if the GUI comes up.

Ok, I installed these.

WD Discovery Software eventually found WDMyCloud; a media server and NAS, but it won’t let me ‘do’ anything with them. If I click ‘Configure’ it opens a browser window which is stays blank.

The My net view network gave me 1 notification that I have an anti-virus installed (Norton), and it picked up 7 devices including MyCloud.

I’m not sure what either of this means though?

Hi alirz1,

I cannot see MyCloud in the networked devices (mybooklive shows up).  The MyCloud drive shows up when I run the WD MyCloud.exe program but it cannot connect.  I cannot ping the device and have reset the winsock.  As this is the only networked device that is non-responsive as of last week it is either the last Windows update or the device is bad.  I don’t want to return it without deleting my data on it.  I can’t access it though.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

disconnect the ethernet cable from My CLoud

once you see a yellow blinking light on the front disconnect the power and wait a minute or so

reconnect the ethernet cable

reconnect the power

after a few minutes you should see the solid blue light on the front

try access the dashboard

or call WD support

I’ve tried the suggestion about disconnecting the ethernet cable, power, etc and this didn’t help so it looks like I’ll have to give support a call.

possibly connect My Cloud directly to one of your computers via ethernet cable

1 Like

Thanks everyone.  I called support and we accessed the drive by connecting directly to my computer via ethernet cable.  That showed the device was working fine and the problem was with my network.  

Since everything else on my network was running properly, I decided to do a reboot of the router and voilâ, the drive was visible again.  

1 Like

Ok, this is getting really weird for me.

I tried connecting it directly to the ethernet port on my PC and it didn’t show up at all under ‘Network’, but when plugged it back into the router and rebooted the router it showed up. However, getting into it is a different story.

I can see it on my network through file explorer, but if I click on it I get a green bar in the address bar and it takes an age to open. When it eventually does, I can navigate to a folder and it shows my files, but only shows some of the pictures in thumbnail view, some I can open (again it takes a long time), so it throws an error at me.

However, I can’t navigate to the MyCloud page in Chrome, it just keeps on timing out on me, and even the WD My Cloud app can’t find it anymore.

I’ll try ringing WD Support, but it sounds like it’s got to go back and I’ve lost all my data!

I ended up ringing WD in the end, the guy on the phone was helpful but didn’t really have anything else to offer other than suggesting I pluf the drive directly into the wall rather than the power strip. This didn’t make any difference. Luckily I still had about a week left on my store warrenty so took it back and paid the extra £40 to upgrade to the 4tb drive.

Just sharing that I have exactly the same problem as the posters above with my PR2100.

I can ping and Plex will connect from clients without a problem, but I cannot connect to the web interface locally or via MyCloud (MyCloud reports that something is wrong).

Rebooting the drive fixes it for a period of time (days / hours) but is obviously not a long term solution.

I will try WD Support, but doesn’t look like they are going to offer much.

I don’t think this is my network, more of a problem with the device, which is why not everyone is seeing it.

I was setting up a friends PR2100 and it stayed visible for days without a problem.