Cannot stream anything because no Plex server updates provided by WD

Plex server provided by WD was last updated over an year ago, now this version has become nearly obsolete and I can’t stream anything from my Android Phone and TV (iOS devices do work fine)
Nearly everyone using Plex server on MCH is getting the following error:
An error occurred while attempting to play this video. Please check your connection and try again

@StillCoast, The Plex version included with My Cloud Home is the version that is tested to work with the device. We have notified the proper groups of your concern regarding the version of Plex available on My Cloud Home.

Any resolution or fix would be delivered in the form of a future device, mobile app, software or firmware update.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a schedule as to when a release will occur or if a resolution or fix, will or will not be included in a specific release version.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am having the same issue and Plex has informed its users that the issue is on the My Home Cloud NAS does not work with Fire TV (Android software) and we can’t update it
A new version will hopefully resolve the issue

Hi, @Neha_07
Your answer is off topic, WD MCH is useless so are you people and don’t copy paste your foolishness here and there

I agree, I find it hard to believe that Western Digital cannot provide any sort of detailed answer or estimate to when these issues will be fixed. The suitably vague answers they have provided thus far suggest nothing is being done or that this is a very low priority to them, it’s not to your customers.
Many people have have bought expensive WD My Cloud products to specifically use as Plex Media Servers. These are now as good as obsolete if the issue around android plex apps is not resolved. Western Digital seem to have no respect for their customers. How about a detailed and specfic answer Western Digital???